Does the sound of nails scraping against the blackboard just make you cringe? How many of you out there even know what that means? I think I may have dated myself with that one.
That being said, the biggest thing that makes me cringe is how desperate we can become when looking for the right partnership. All the time I see posts in various groups promoting their opportunity, and it really looks like the person on the street with the sandwich board over their head yelling on the street, “Hey, look at me; I’m so cool. Pick me, pick me.” Even scarier is when someone is looking for help and everyone just POUNCES on that person like they are fresh meat.
Please stop doing that!!!
Recently, someone posted in a group that she was looking for a legit work from home opportunity, and just as suspected, the vultures came out of the woodwork. Don’t be one of those vultures.
When it comes to looking for the right opportunity, ask questions. Here are some suggestions that will help you from making the wrong choice:
- What qualities are you looking for in a company?
- What are the start-up costs?
- Are you looking for the next big opportunity or something to build that will last a lifetime?
- Are your core values and beliefs in alignment with said company?
- What will be your responsibilities?
- Will you be teamed up with someone?
- When looking for a coach, what are their credentials?
- What is their level of experience with this company?
- Do they have credibility?
- Does said coach have a specific plan in place for you to achieve your goals?
- Is there a support team available if your coach is not?
- What are YOU willing to bring to the partnership?
You are looking for the perfect fit for YOU, so be specific in what you are looking for. When you are crystal clear on what you want, the Universe will then go to work. Realize that sometimes the answers may not come in the way you may expect. Be open-minded and watch for clues.
You are looking to build your DREAM LIFE. Make sure you are partnered with the right people who will help you make that dream life happen.