If I Won the Lottery
Lately, I have not been a big fan of the lottery. Call me crazy, but I think it’s crazy buying into it. Ooooh, I can hear the buzz happening right now. Don’t get me wrong, I have thought about winning the lottery. Who hasn’t? However, for me personally, I don’t by into the lotto as much as others do. My hubby loves playing every week, he’s got a pool going on at work, and every week he shares all the frustration of collecting the money, sorting, etc. But, I’m getting off topic, so I’m reeling it back in.
If by some chance we WERE to win the lotto, hubby and I have talked about this and we share similar desires. After paying off all our debt and clearing that slate, we would tithe. We strongly believe in tithing and we would make sure to give a generous amount to the church. We’d set aside funds for each of the boys to assist with college or something that will further their desired career. We’d pay off any debts our parents have and ensure they are taken care of.
I was listening to a training recently that talked about dreaming, and in my dreams, I would:
- Have a mountain cabin in Alaska
- Summer cottage in Hawaii
- Gated home in Arizona
- Custom clothes tailor made for my body type
- Jaguar XTL Portfolio AWD 3.0L, V6, Supercharged (my toy)
- Honda Odyssey, Fully Loaded (family vehicle)
- Cameras (lots and lots of cameras) to take on my many travels
- Baby Grand
- Volunteering in hospitals
In terms of travel, the 10 places I’d go and what I’d do (these are in no particular order):
- Visit Italy and see the Colessium in Rome and Venice on a Gondalla
- Hiking Mt. Everest
- Harley ride to Sturgis
- Scuba Diving (lessons first)/Helicopter ride in Hawaii
- Photo adventure in Australia
- Safari trip to Africa (including a hot air balloon ride)
- Walk the Great Wall of China
- Pilgrimage to Jerusalem
- Pyramids of Egypt
- Visit my homeland in Jamaica
At the end of the day, these are my dreams, and when I put my mind to it, really put my head down and put in the work, I can make all these dreams come true, with or without the lotto winnings. But ultimately, as long as I have my family, and we are secure, that is all that matters.
So, if YOU won the lottery, what would YOU do?